I believe that if something is easy for you to do, it's a sign that you should do more of it.
- If it's easy, it means you're good at it: What comes easy for you may be difficult for someone else. Public Speaking might be easy for you while someone else might have trouble putting two words together. This is a sign that Public Speaking is a strength for you. (Related: Strengths are revealed in the commonality of your successes)
- If it's easy, it means you like it: If you're good at something, you're more likely to stick with it until you see results. (Related: Build new habits by doing what's easy)
Why don't we do this?
- We correlate pain with value - We're taught that for something to be valuable it must cost us something, typically in the form of mental or physical pain. For this reason, we undervalue that which is easily achieved. (Related: The things we value appreciate).
How to add more "easy" into your life:
- If it feels good, do more of it
- Take the path of least resistance (link)