Welcome to another edition of the Bootstrapped Newsletter.
Here's what's happening this week:
- The Power of Saying YES: How Juggling Multiple Projects Unlocks Your Productivity
- I gave a presentation for CSUF's Startup Incubator on Crowdfunding (The video and deck below)
- Using ChatGPT for conducting effective Market Research
- I found a new tool to get survey responses quickly
The Power of Saying YES: How Juggling Multiple Projects Unlocks Your Productivity
Are you feeling overwhelmed, yet still feel like you're not reaching your full potential? What if I told you that the secret to skyrocketing your success and productivity lies in adding even more to your plate?
It might sound counterintuitive, but this idea, inspired by the concept of multithreading from modern computing, suggests that rapidly switching between projects allows you to make progress on multiple fronts simultaneously.
David Allen, a leading figure in productivity, claims that with today's technology, humans can effectively manage 50-100 projects at once. This means that most people are performing well below their full capacity.
Here's why this works:
- Expand your opportunities: By drawing on diverse sources of inspiration and cultivating multiple projects, you create synergy between them. One project feeds another, and by saying yes to more, you increase your chances for success.
- Benefit from compounding learnings: When you encounter challenges, having another project to turn to helps prevent setbacks from becoming crushing defeats. The success and knowledge gained from one project can also positively impact others.
- Enjoy more consistent successes: With multiple projects at various stages, you'll experience regular achievements.
- Say YES to more things
- Take on more than you believe you can handle
- If you're feeling overwhelmed, hit the gas and accelerate out of the dip.
CSUF Startup Incubator Talk: Crowdfunding - How I Raised Over $100K on Kickstarter
I gave a talk this week for CSUF's Startup Incubator. The topic was, How I Raised Over $100K in Crowdfunding. You can find a video of the presentation below. I've also included the deck.
Using ChatGPT for Market Research
I'm working on a new startup idea (I'll share more about this later). Part of my focus at the moment is on Market Research. Last week, I used ChatGPT to help me create a survey and the result was amazing!
New Tool: Pollfish
I've been trying to figure out how to speed up my Market Research so I can move into R&D. I came across Pollfish, a website where you can pay for quality customer surveys.
How I Can Help
Whenever you're ready, here's how we can work together:
- Grab time with me for a 1:1 session on startups, crowdfunding, growth, or anything else. Click the link above to book a FREE 30-minute discovery call.